Best Shed Demolition and Removal Service and Cost in Albuquerque NM
ABQ Hauling Junk & Moving
Shed Demolition and Removal near Albuquerque NM: Are you looking for the Best Shed Demolition and Removal Service near Albuquerque NM? ABQ Hauling Junk & Moving, shed removal is easy and our service professionals can even begin today. With our comprehensive volume pricing we ensure the lowest rates for our all-inclusive full service. Budget friendly shed pickup, demolition and removal is easy. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Shed Demolition and Removal Service around Albuquerque NM. We serve Albuquerque NM and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST SHED DEMOLITION AND REMOVAL SERVICE IN ALBUQUERQUE NM
ALBUQUERQUE NM SHED DEMOLITION AND REMOVAL
Shed Demolition and Removal
Shed Demolition and Removal near Albuquerque NM: Are you tired of looking at that old, worn down shed in your backyard? Chances are you aren’t the only one. Your neighbors are probably just as sick of it as you are. You’ve probably put off dealing with it because you are not sure what to do with it, right? Great news: ABQ Hauling Junk & Moving can check that task off your list in no time!
Make Room for Something New
Shed Demolition and Removal near Albuquerque NM: It doesn’t matter if your shed is made of wood, sheet metal, or plastic….we can handle it. All it takes is one phone call. Let us know a convenient time for you and our professional crew will be there to remove your shed and even the junk that might be hiding inside. We can even take away some of your yard waste that might be crowding your space too. Just think about it….you could have a whole new backyard in hours and not even have to lift a finger. Sounds great? Imagine the possibilities for the space you can take back from your yard:
- A garden
- A swing set for your kids
- A swimming pool
Reasons to Remove Your Old Shed Demolition
Shed Demolition and Removal near Albuquerque NM: That tattered shed may have been great when you first bought it (or maybe you inherited it from the previous owner). However, when it wears out its welcome it’s not just an eyesore.
- A neglected shed can become home to rodents and insects that could then make their way into your home. Yuck!
- Worn out sheds are not visually appealing and can cause problems with neighbors and even the city or homeowner’s association. You don’t want angry neighbors.
- An old shed can bring down your property value significantly. No one wants to leave money on the table when selling a home.
When your shed has reached its peak and is no longer what it used to be, call ABQ Hauling Junk & Moving to remove it for you. If you don’t have the time, energy, or strength to remove it yourself we make it easy. All you have to do is dial the phone and let us take it from there. Trust us…your neighbors will be happier, your yard will be bigger, and your to-do list will be one item shorter.
How to Demolish a Shed Step-By-Step
Step 1: Prepare for Shed Demolition and Removal Costs
A shed demolition plan helps you be successful. Knowing if you need a permit from your city, what tools to use, having a disposal plan and knowing general shed demolition costs will go a long way to making the project easier in the long run.
See If You Need a Permit
Each city has different ordinances in place, but a permit is commonly required when a structure is being built, changed or demolished. Prior to tearing down your shed, it’s a good idea to reach out to your city government to see if a permit is needed.
Plan for Debris Disposal
Demolishing a shed leaves you with a large pile of rubbish to take care of. Come up with a disposal plan before you get to work to help eliminate stress at the end of your project.
Step 2: Empty the Shed
An empty shed makes tearing it down much easier. That doesn’t mean you have to throw everything out, but you do need to get it out of the way. For anything that you would like to keep, make sure it’s stored somewhere safe to avoid damage as you start your shed demolition.
This is also a great time to sort through unneeded or broken items. Three piles should do — donate/recycle, hazardous disposal and throw away.
Step 3: Remove Doors and Windows
Before you get to demolition, remove any wall fixtures, shelving or storage accessories. It’s as much for safety as it is for making the walls lighter for later steps.
Simply use your screwdriver to pop the doors off the hinges or take the screws out and remove the hinges entirely. You can remove the side of the hinge still on the frame now if you would like.
Take Out Windows
Removing windows now helps prevent injury later in the process. Get rid of any caulking and trim around the window using a combination of your hammer, chisel and screwdriver, then pry out nails or screws holding the window in place and slide the window out.
Step 4: Tear Off the Roof
Whether you’re working on tearing down a wooden shed or a metal shed, the roof is the place to start. As you remove parts of the shed, the structure will become increasingly unstable. That’s why it’s best to work from top to bottom for safe demolition.
Step 5: Dismantle the Shed Walls
With the roof removed, it’s time to work on the walls. You’ll want to start with the wall that had the door in it, as it is the least structurally sound. From there, follow the steps below on how to tear down the walls of a wooden shed or a metal shed.
Step 6: Demolish the Shed Floor
If your shed has flooring, use a crowbar to pry up the planks. If your flooring is on legs and you feel comfortable, use a reciprocating saw to cut through the floor and speed up the process. Once the floorboards have been removed, see if the legs have fasteners to the ground and remove them.
Step 7: Cleanup the Torn Down Shed
After you’ve finished disassembling your shed, you should have three piles to work with: garbage, reuse/recycle and special disposal. If you’ve been throwing debris away as you work, the garbage pile should be pretty small. Now’s the time to throw any remaining debris into your roll off container as you clean the job site. And if you have any items to recycle or maybe some hazardous waste to dispose of, remember to find a local disposal option.
Average Shed Demolition Cost
Shed Demolition and Removal near Albuquerque NM: There’s no magic answer to the cost of removing a shed. For shed removal, your only costs will be for tools, materials, permits and disposal. If you’re considering hiring someone, there are a few factors that can adjust the price.
Cost Advice: As a base-line, consider roughly $200 as the minimum for a shed demolition. As you go through the list below, note issues that may come up that will increase the base cost. The national average to hire someone to tear down a shed is closer to $1,500.
- Location: Where is the shed on your property? Is it easy to access or are there lots of obstructions or hazards? The more accessible the area, the cheaper the job will be.
- Material: What is your shed made of? Metal, wood or stone? Different materials will cost more or less to tear down, with heavier materials costing more due to disposal fees.
- Condition: If a shed is in great condition, it will take more effort to tear down and increase the cost. While a decaying shed can be cheaper to remove, if it poses a danger to those working on it, the removal price will be a bit higher.
- Attachments: Not only do you have to consider how the shed is attached to the ground, but also what is attached. Is it simply built on the ground or a concrete slab? Does it have electricity, water and gas? The more attachments, the more expensive the shed demolition and removal cost.
The other day a repeat customer called me out to give a quote on demo and removal of a 13′ by 8′ by 8′ wooden shed, as well as some ancillary items like some small concrete slabs, a large BBQ pit, and some metal fencing that she had around a garden. I ended up quoting her $200 for the demolition on the shed, $250 for the removal of the resulting material from the demolished shed, plus another $200 for the removal of the concrete and metal fencing (which I was planning on turning around and reselling or at least scrapping rather than throwing away) as well as the junk that was in the shed. Total price was $650.
Upon arrival Saturday morning to complete the job the customer informed us that they had not had time to sort out the items in the shed and that they didn’t want to get rid of the metal fence after all. That was no problem at all, here at Snap Junk Removal we are flexible and can deal with dilemmas, I did not change the price. Our 3 person team quickly removed the items from the shed and set aside the stuff the customer wanted to keep. Then we got to cracking with our sledge hammers and seawalls. This shed was a little tricky because it was backed up to a metal fence on two sides, and there was a tree butted up against it on the third side, plus it was tall enough to make it a safety concern if it fell towards us as we were demolishing it. We are good at what we do though and had it safely down within an hour, then started chopping it up and hauling it off section by section from their back yard to our trailer parked in their driveway. Next we had to remove the concrete and some bricks. The concrete slabs were about 30″ x 18″ x 4″ so they are a little heavy to pick up and carry to a trailer from the back yard. Instead we used a sledge hammer to break them up into more manageable pieces, then threw them into wheelbarrows, rolled up to our trailer, and dumped the concrete one barrow at a time. The heaviest thing by far was the BBQ pit. It was home-made and at one time must have been pretty nice, but unfortunately rusted out. Even the wheels were broken off from rust. We had to prop one end up on a dolly and then use 2 people on the other end to stabilize it and move it. It’s a good thing we came with 3 people, I learned later at the scrap yard that the BBQ pit was a little over 800 pounds. Moving it with no wheels was quite an experience.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need a permit to demolish my shed?
More often than not, you will need a permit to take down your shed. In a majority of cities, permits are needed when any structure or building is built, altered, or demolished.
Who can I hire to handle my shed demolition?
Depending on your location, there may be restrictions to who you can and cannot hire to perform your shed’s removal.
For example, some cities have lists of permitted or approved contractors, so be sure to check with your Building Department.
Can I do the shed removal myself?
Well, that’s a question for you and your chiropractor (and maybe your therapist), but if your shed is small and you’re up for the challenge, you more likely than not can perform the removal yourself.
Disassembling your shed may not save you any time, but it will likely save you some money.
If you’re up for the challenge, here are some of the basic tools you’ll need to remove your shed safely by hand:
- Safety equipment (glasses, gloves, work boots, etc.)
- Hammer with ripping claw
- Pry bar
- Tarps and drop cloths
- Hand saw
- Heavy duty broom
- Adjustable wrench
How does our shed removal service work?
Our shed removal service is simple. Book online to schedule an appointment. Once an appointment is booked our professional insured shed removal team will show up to your home or office, give you a free estimate and remove your items from anywhere on your property. Our junk removal team will call you 30 minutes before arrival.
All qualifying items will be donated or recycled?
We first determine the working condition of your items. We will recycle your items to an authorized recycling center or we will donate your unwanted items. Our professional junk removal team will make sure your items are properly disposed of and recycled.
How does our shed removal pricing work?
Prices are calculated on the amount of junk we remove. All prices include labor, tax and disposal fees so no hidden charges. We offer affordable rates and we will always give you an upfront price at the start of every job. You can text us a photo of your items, and we will text you back with an estimate. The best way for us to offer you the lowest, most accurate price is a free, no obligation estimate at your home or business.
CALL FOR US:
- Free Shed Removal near Albuquerque NM
- Cost To Remove Old Shed
- Shed Removal Service
- Old Shed Removal
- Metal Shed Removal
- Shed Removal Services Albuquerque NM
- How To Tear Down A Shed By Hand
- How To Take Down A Shed And Rebuild It
- Free Shed Removal
- Metal Shed Removal
- Shed Tear Down And Removal Albuquerque NM
- Shed Removal Service
- Old Shed Removal
- Shed Dismantle Prices
- Shed Demolition
- House Demolition Cost Calculator Albuquerque NM
- Albuquerque New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Belen New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Bernalillo New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Bosque Farms New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Casa Blanca New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Cedar Crest New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Clines Corners New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Corrales New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Edgewood New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Espanola New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Estancia New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Gallup New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Grants New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Lemitar New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Los Lunas New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Moriarty New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Mountainair New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Pecos New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Peralta New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Placitas New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Rio Communities New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Rio Rancho New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Santa Fe New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Socorro New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Tijeras New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me
- Tome New Mexico Shed Demolition And Removal near me